Tuesday, July 5, 2011

a pissing episode

i was never really the studious type. but suffice to say, i always aimed for the moon.

and if not for my first grade teacher, i would have been the consistent honor student i hoped to be. i haven't moved on from that sad episode. i hate her.

chica lang!

still, i really wondered what went wrong. was it because i pee-peed on her carpet one hot afternoon while we were reading that infamous yellow abakada booklet?

i hope not.

but i do remember her washing my then yellowish tighty whities.

i guess my disappointment then made me strive a little bit harder than i used to. but i never really worked to be number one, oh no, sirs. a slot in the honor rolls was already very much sufficient to boost my [often times inflated] ego.

and 15 years after that carpet incident, i finished cum laude in electrical engineering and ended up in the top 20 of the board examinations. i got the icing on the cake.

i say, not bad.

and if i had to go back and re-live my life, i'll go and pee-pee on that [damn] carpet all over again.

1 comment:

  1. wish i peed in class back in grade school if that meant i'd be cum laude. :p

    ReplyDelete