Tuesday, November 13, 2012

what happens next

Today would have been our third anniversary.

And while we have been apart for more than three months already, I can't help but stop for a while and reminisce the love we shared in the past and, probably, think about the "what could have beens" of the future.
I must admit, forgiving you was no mean feat. For I have been true to you - I have shown you the best and worst of me - hoping that by being honest, loyal and true, we will be together until the best and worst of times pass us by. I loved you deeply, perhaps the deepest I have loved.
But I guess that is not enough. And that forever is only wishful thinking.
I remember the broken promises.
I remember the unexplainable situations. And how the simple truth uncovered the unexplained.
Perhaps, I was just too blind to see. Or too blind to accept what's in front of me all along.
Trust, maybe? Or was it fear?
Then again, the answer is not important anymore. Because when I decided to end our relationship, I also decided that there was no more turning back.
Pride? It could be.
After all, I was very much willing to face the consequences of my decision. Come what may.
Yes, there are nights I cry myself to sleep.
But I wake up in the morning loving myself more and more.
So here I am writing this entry today, on what could have been our third anniversary. I could have been in a very difficult situation like before. But I chose to be in the right path.
I chose to be the better person.
And I guess, it's time to ponder again.
What happens next?

10 comments:

  1. I sincerely hope you would find your direction, Stan. I always remember your wish to settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never got around to you introducing him to me. Oh well. Bago pa rin ang three months. You'll still ponder about it and how you feel will keep evolving. Take the ride. It'll lead you to pretty interesting places.

    See you when I see you.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you're not afraid of what love brings... then endings are beginnings of beautiful things....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you more than you know, john stan.

    As such, what else is there to say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what you are worth John Stan.

    Look back, it's okay to reminisce. You have showed him who you are...

    So until then, see you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ternie: Thanks, 'teh!

    @Joms: Maghahanap na lang ako ng bilat. Char!

    @Kane: We are on speaking terms, Karl. Funny but true.

    @Miko: Love is overstated. LOL

    @Ruddie: Nothing more, Ruddie. You being emphatic is more than enough.

    @Guyrony: See you, soon.

    @Gibo: I am okay. Surprisingly earlier than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how nice that your asking what's next... :)

    here's to looking forward.

    ReplyDelete