Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Start of Something New

Siguro I will just start with, "You wouldn't believe what happened last night!" - A Twitter Update

After a night-out with some friends, I was seriously considering going to this (in)famous bar in Ortigas. Perhaps, it was due to increased self-restraint that I finally decided not to and instead, after less than 20 minutes, I found myself sitting inside the car with you Jason, my ex-boyfriend.

It has been more than six months since we last saw each other. I perfectly remember the scene at the parking lot - our break-up episode, so to speak. There were no more words nor explanations, no more questions and no more turning back on my part. There were a lot of tears. 

A final kiss, a final embrace.

But last night was different. The animosity between us is gone. True, it was a bit awkward talking about some things from our past but I guess, in order to fully heal our wounds, we have to once more go down the road less traveled, admit our mistakes and learn from our experiences.

I find it amusing that you want me to vent out my supposed anger at you when in fact there was none. Or at least none anymore.

There was only acceptance - a fact of life learned - of the truth that we do not need to be together to love each other. Like I said, you will always have a special place in my heart and that at one point in time, you were the love of my life.

Sabi mo, we are not defined by our past and I agree with you. We are defined by our decisions. Good or bad, for better or for worse, what matters is that we have the courage to stand up for it.

In doing so, we both came out of this as better individuals.

And for that alone, I want to say thank you.

4 comments:

  1. It was well worth ditching that night at O.

    But if you did go, we could have danced the night with Mugen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parang kailan lang. How's your new beginning coming along? =)

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I have been a reader of your blog since 2010. Wala na pala kayo? Sad naman. Wala na bang kasunod ito na kwento to or new home?

    ReplyDelete